The overarching aim of this Association is to provide a forum for South African organisations and individuals who are committed to increasing access to an affordable, cost-effective and quality learning environment in which learners are empowered to become self sufficient members of society.
- To facilitate collaboration among distance education and open learning organisations in South Africa.
- To advocate awareness, understanding, and application of distance education and open learning amongst policy makers, practitioners, and learners.
- To promote research and evaluation of distance education and open learning in South Africa.
- To exert influence with regard to adequate policy (including financial support) for distance education.
- To advance the professional interests of distance education practitioners.
- To promote and enhance quality assurance in distance education.
NADEOSA does not register or accredit distance education programmes.